Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Purps Place Review: Rob D, HOT TOPIK 258, and KB- I Told Yah

I got this lil treat in my email last night through a follower on Twitter @IamRobD so lets review "I Told Yah"...

First and mainly I gotta say this beat takes me back to the heyday of No Limit's production by KLC and Mo B Dick. That classic 90's Louisiana flavor. First verse is Hot Topik 258. I personally like him, he's got that mic presence that pulls you into the track and his confidence shows in his voice. Very solid flow and lyrics, almost reminds me of a young Mac. Second verse is KB, not as good as Hot Topik but still stands out besides falling off beat once or twice he still delivers a very good verse. Third is Rob D, the flanger effects on his vocals add a nice touch to this song with a nice flow to back it up. Looking forward to hearing more from him.

Overall i'm really feeling this track, with the flows, hook and production it really takes me back to when I would bump No Limit records in the house. I wish there was more music like this out there. 9/10

Follow Rob D on Twitter @IamRobD and follow Hot Topik 258 @HOTTOPIK258.


Got a song, demo, or album you want me to review? If so hit me up at PurpsPlace@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment